Related Ci to Bq note

Charly Frey wrote:

> Does somebody know a converter Curie to bequerel

This question reminded me of a note I wrote for RSO magazine a few years
ago that is somewhat related.  There is the 6CEn thumb rule for photon
dose rates(C=Curies, E=photon energy, n=yield). Although our facility
almost never has to use Becquerel units, we occasionally received
sources recorded in GBq.  I came up with a quick conversion factor for
photon dose rates that was fairly simple and still accurate:
GEn/6

It's general basis is what was discussed previously.  The Curie to
Becquerel conversion is 3.7E10.  One Curie is 37 GBq (~6x6).  Long story
short, divide by 6 instead of multiplying by 6 and you have a new dose
rate conversion factor.

Mike Lantz