RADSAFE: static and alpha whole body monitors?

     People,

     We're still investigating our problem, here, but we think we're
     dealing with the following:

     A PCM-2 set up for alpha whole body counting is spending most of the
     day unable to operate due to "Background Too High" messages.

     We suspect this may be due to radon daughter plate-out on the
     counters.

     Has anyone had this experience and/or know of a potential solution for
     it?

     All regular and (viable) off-the-wall solutions welcome!

     Thank you!

     -David Levy
     Fernald, Ohio
     (513) 648-3816