RE: Latest Wash Post Article; Radioactive Ooze

This problem is not limited to the HP field.  State regulatory personnel
are the most poorly paid professionals in the environmental and health
fields.  The turnover is extremely high, as the better workers are lured
away by private industry.  We need to convince our states to pay their
personnel decent wages so the regulatory agencies can retain trained and
experienced people.  Ultimately this would benefit both the public and
the regulated industries/facilities.

--Susan Gawarecki

--
Susan L. Gawarecki, Ph.D., Executive Director
Oak Ridge Reservation Local Oversight Committee, Inc.