RE: RADSAFE: static and alpha whole body monitors?

We used to have these types of problems with the NE IPM-7 Whole Body Frisker
( gas proportional detectors ).  There were several contributing issues
including humidity penetration of the mylar.  We went to a thicker mylar,
which reduces the moisture penetration.  We also selected a different gas
mixture ( P-5 instead of P-7.5 or P-10 ).  This allowed us to change the
detector operating voltage which, again, reduced the spurious count rates.

Hope this helps.

...  mine and mine alone  ...

Ron LaVera
Lavera.r@nypa.gov