a stupid question - or not

> As for this comment, I have but one thing to say.  What ever happened to the
> phrase, "The only stupid question is the one that is not asked."?  There are
> some that are new to the HP field and have limited knowledge in certain
> areas.  How are they to learn what to do and what not to do if they are
> afraid of asking because they will get slammed on RAD SAFE by someone else.
> In the military, the lower ranking, less knowledgeable soldiers look to the
> higher ranks for mentoring and help.  I thought that this was one of the
> reasons RAD SAFE was started.

There was no justification to slam you. If one is intimidated to the
point where a question isn't asked, and the answer is really
needed, then Radsafe is a failure. There is no stupid question. I
would venture to say that what each of us knows, and doesn't
know, is quite significant and varied. The fact that we don't know an
answer doesn't mean that we're stupid. It only means that we
weren't exposed to it (no pun intended) nor did we have the
experience or know how to possibly get the answer. We all know
things that someone else doesn't know. We can all then say that
the "other" person is obviously stupid, since they didn't know the
answer that "we" know. That notion is preposterous. If we get to
the point that we judge others by the questions asked, and the fact
that "we" know the answer .. perhaps it's time for Radsafe to close
it's door, and only allow members by invitation who can pass a test
devised by the most knowledgeable amongst us. Now who do we
want to prepare the entrance test?