Subject: Re: Ci to Bq

	Diane Case wrote:

	"The only thing worse than this question being posted on Radsafe
(more
	appropriate to look it up in a BOOK) is the existence of a software
	program to do the conversion. "

I have been in the Health Physics field for about 7 years.  When I went
through the Army HP course they touched on SI units, but never enforced
them.  Therefore, I am weak in the conversion of these 2 units.  There are
others out there who may be in the same boat as myself.  I have downloaded
this software and plan to use it.  This doesn't mean that I cannot perform
the calculation, it just means that it is the way I prefer to perform it.

	Franz Schoenhofer wrote:

	"It is more than incredible, that such a question is posted on
RADSAFE, it is even
	more incredible that some people seriously answer it and  that it
seems to
	be necessary to download software programs from the internet to
multiply a
	number with a factor which is something like a universal natural
constant
	for people involved with radiation measurements and radiation
protection."

As for this comment, I have but one thing to say.  What ever happened to the
phrase, "The only stupid question is the one that is not asked."?  There are
some that are new to the HP field and have limited knowledge in certain
areas.  How are they to learn what to do and what not to do if they are
afraid of asking because they will get slammed on RAD SAFE by someone else.
In the military, the lower ranking, less knowledgeable soldiers look to the
higher ranks for mentoring and help.  I thought that this was one of the
reasons RAD SAFE was started.

SGT Jeffrey Jennelle
Health Physics Office
Tripler AMC, HI