RE: Subject: Re: Ci to Bq

				-----Original Message-----
				From:	Falo Gerald A CHPPM
[mailto:Gerald.Falo@APG.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL]
				Sent:	Thursday, September 02, 1999 8:36 AM
				To:	Multiple recipients of list
				Subject:	RE: Subject: Re: Ci to Bq

				Of course, no one is called upon to memorize
all conversion factors - that's
				what the Rad Health Handbook and other
resources are for. RADSAFE is not a
				reference book: it is a public medium of
exchange of ideas, questions, and
				other information. It is not the ultimate
arbiter of all that is health
				physics.  The HP gods visit RADSAFE to be
sure, but RADSAFE does not exist
				to solve all problems from on high.

				Well excuse me.  I thought that this person
had submitted a question to RADSAFE.  I will have to go back and see if it
was an exclamation that was posted.  RADSAFE is a resource to be used to
solve any problem if it can and not the exclusive domain of the HP gods or
the HP neophytes.

				RADSAFE is not a substitute for mentoring.
Mentoring implies a relationship
				with an *individual* far beyond the scope of
RADSAFE. One may find a mentor
				on RADSAFE, but RADSAFE is not the place for
an ongoing mentoring
				relationship. Mentoring for the most part
does not take place in public.
				Because RADSAFE is a public medium, any
question posted will be seen by many
				people, many of whom will not be as
sympathetic as RADSAFERS are.  What
				impression (about health physics and its
practitioners) does it give to
				*outsiders* if professional HP's need to
stand up in front of their peers
				and ask questions that can be answered with
very little work?

				I for one do not care what others think of
me.  I have a much tougher skin than that.  I have a job to do and if
RADSAFE can help me when I need it, then I will ask the question.
Impressions be danged.  I think you have spent way too much time in school.
				Any opinions presented herein are merely my
ramblings. They do not
				necessarily represent the views of any other
living being, and, if they did,
				the living being would (most likely) not
admit it.

				Jerry Falo, Ph.D., CHP
				HMJ Professional Associate
				USACHPPM