Re: Re: Ci to Bq - A question for the Erudite Elite

Like Fritz, I had wasn't going to say anything about this topic, but
the obvious observation was being missed ... not all scientists have
are physicists.

I train my Principal Investigators in how to convert Bq to uCi.   And many
of them are pretty high-powered biologists and chemists who crank
out more publications in a year than most of us put out in a lifetime.
Are they stupid?... obviously not.  Do they have more important things
to do than to look up conversion factors outside their area of expertise?
... you bet!

That's what I'm here for, as a ready resource.  How far do
you think I'd get if said they asked me for a conversion factor and I
told them to look it up themselves in the RHH because "to broaden
their knowledge is a good thing."?  Probably as far as the sidewalk.

That's why all my researchers get conversion tables for uCi to Bq.
dpm to uCi and uCi to mCi.  And even then it's not enough.  Just
try telling someone how to convert GBq to uCi (GBq is the unit
that is generally seen by researchers on a Radioactive
Class I, II or III label from vendors).  I find that the time I spend
developing and giving out simple tables or helping to do the conversion
is much less than than the time I spend reconciling inventory
when they drop a zero (eg: 1 uCi = 0.00037 GBq) and mess up
inventory tracking.

Regards,

Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 12:09:44 -0600