A bit of history and a question

Radsafers,

As an incurable pack-rat, I recently rescued several documents from the
recycle bin. Among them was this particular gem.

American War Standard
Safety Code for the Industrial Use of X-Rays
Approved April 15, 1946
American Standards Association

I am quite facinated with documents, texts and references written from this
era. They make for wonderful reading when comparing the information to what
we have today. (In fact I devoured my copy of The Effects of Nuclear
Weapons) What has particularly caught my eye was this statement on the
inside front cover.

"After the emergency this American War Standard will be reviewed through the
regular procedure of the ASA and either approved as an American Standard
(possibly in amended form) or withdrawn."

Since I am fairly new to the field of x-ray safety, I am curious. Does
anyone know if this had been done? If so, what the title is? I would be
interested in getting a copy, if for no other reason than to see the amended
version and how it differed. I like to see how things get reworded and
rewritten since I am going through this process myself now. The current
document I am working with hardly resembles in word or form, what I started
with 6 months ago.

As I realize that this may not be appropriate for RadSafe discussion, you
may respond to me privately at the address below..

Thanks for any leads.

Zella Sasnett

Zella L. Sasnett
Health Physicist, IHS&T