SI Units - NOT!

For all those out there who don't like the traditional ways of radiation
measurement in the US, if you don't like it, your more than welcome to get
out of this backwards country and go to one of those third world countries
and use all the SI units you want. I'm with the gentleman who said he
wouldn't use SI units until Europe conquered the United States. Really, lets
think about this, you take a small "sounding" number like 1Curie, and make
it into a huge "sounding" number like 3.7E10 Becquerel (that's
37,000,000,000 Bq!!!) Oh yeah, I can really see the media playing this one
for all its worth. As with all things, the language spoken and understood at
the worker bee level doesn't necessarily have to be what the scientists use.
Not all folks need to know direct translations. I think most would be happy
with a simple scale of 0 to 10, with 0 meaning nothing is there, and 10
meaning there is a lot of radiation or contamination there. Heck, I'm pretty
happy if the workers know how to work in a radiological environment.

My extreme apology to the rest of the list.

Eric D. Jaramillo
Sandia National Laboratories