Unit conversion program

Title: Unit conversion program

Not only do I see no harm in having access to a radiological unit conversion program, I wholeheartedly endorse it.  It helps to be able to rapidly convert units when I am on the phone discussing some HP-related topic with a licensee that is not fluent in SI units and I am referring to literature that lists SI units.  I have loaded a conversion program developed by George Harder of Perma-Fix (Gainesville, FL) and even have a shortcut button on my computer screen to facilitate accessing the program.  I have shared it with my Bureau of Rad. Control colleagues, and everyone likes it.  Of course we are all expected to be able to perform such conversions, and we can, but where's the harm in being able to do them rapidly and with the assurance that  we haven't made an error?  None, in my book.

George's program can be downloaded from the following site: www.perma-fix.com/florida/fla_software.html

Walter Cofer
Fla. Bureau of Radiation Control

Tallahassee, FL