RE: SI units! -Reply

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael S Ford [mailto:MFORD@pantex.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 1999 7:20 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: SI units! -Reply

Bjorn and Other Non-US RADSAFERS,

Please excuse our US brethren who -- unlike Sandy, Bob, Otto, Fritz,
yourself and others who rely on facts in their discussions -- run out
of things to say and choose to beat their chest, break out their
*Teddy Roosevelt Big Sticks* and resort to the age-old *Oh yeah?!
Well, my dad can beat up your dad!* argument.

In the 1996 edition of Vesilind, Peirce, and Weiner, ENVIRONMENTAL
ENGINEERING, we used SI units with historical units in parentheses.  We will
continue this practice in the next edition.  This is a sophomore/junior
level engineering text.

Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
Sandia National Laboratories
MS 0718, POB 5800