Re: Agreement states

According to the NRC home page:

                "U.S. Material Licensees. Approximately 21,600 licenses are
issued for medical, academic, and
                 industrial uses of nuclear material. Approximately 5,900
licenses are administered by the NRC and the
                 remaining 15,700 licenses are administered by the 30 States
that participate in the NRC Agreement
                 States Program."

I don't know if this includes Ohio, which will soon become an agreement state.

I'm not aware of  a "limited scope" license.  Perhaps one of the university or
medical hp's can help on this.  Per 10 CFR 33, there are 3 types of  "broad
scope" licenses:  Type A, Type B, and Type C.  There are also general licenses,
as described in
10 CFR 31, under which broad categories of users are "licensed" to use
radioactive material without specific NRC approval.  For example, gauges
containing byproduct material are often distributed for use under a general
license.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com