Radiation Risk and Ethics

	RADSAFERS,

	I was (finally) reading my September issue of Physics Today and there is a
"very" interesting article (Radiation Risk and Ethics by Zbigniew
Jarorowski) discussing the practice of protecting people from radiation and
the costs involved.  Not only do they have a rather "neat" photo of an old
atmospheric test, but they also have some very interesting and useful
charts/graphs of Whole Body Radiation Doses caused by the old Nuc. tests vs
Chernobyl, etc., and Values of Individual Truncated Natural Dose
Commitments from Early Modern Homo Sapiens back to Homo Habilis (this guy
would be shot in a Kansas public school [grin]).  The article even
discusses hormesis... A fun and interesting read...

	Hope this wasn't out of line Melissa,

	Joel Baumbaugh (baumbaug@nosc.mil)
	SSC-SD (the left coast)

Joel T. Baumbaugh, MPH, MHP
baumbaug@nosc.mil
Radiation Safety Officer
SSC San Diego, CA

	NOTE:	The contents of this message have not been reviewed, nor approved by
the Federal Government, the U.S. Navy, my bosses or my wife...

	 "If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How
intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your
neck?" [Linda Ellerbee]

	Hey, what can I say, she's right!!!...jb