Re: TLD-shielding replies

The state of TN also took exception to only using control badges to
compensate for 100 mrem/qtr doses at our facility dosimetry storage location.
 We resolved the problem  in the short term by relocating the badge storage
location to a remote building for about 2 months.  The additional security
costs were excessive and walking to a remote area was a nuisance.  The final
solution was simple - each individual takes their security badge and
dosimetry home and returns with them to work.  No badges, no entry.  This
system is also working for 35,000 DOE employees and contractors at adjacent
facilities.

Doug Turner <DTu7266800@aol.com>