Re: TLD-shielding replies

And as I mentioned in an earlier e-mail, if you have evidence that the
Standards of Professional Responsibility for CHPs have been violated, there
is a remedy open to you, viz filing a complaint with the AAHP.   If you have
evidence of a violation of the Standards by a CHP, then it is incumbent upon
you to file a formal complaint with the AAHP President, Herman Cember.  The
AAHP Professional Ethics committee will conduct a thorough investigation
and, based on the complete facts, will determine if there has been in fact a
violation of the Standards, and if so, what action should be taken.

RadSafe is not the proper venue to evaluate the actions of this unnamed CHP;
the facts as presented are incomplete, and the individual has had no
opportunity to justify the actions that were allegedly taken.  I again urge
you (and all RadSafers) to use the established mechanism set up within the
Academy to handle charges against CHPs, and, assuming that the complaints
are not frivolous and have supporting documentation, I personally will be
pleased to assist in assuring that the complaints are fairly acted upon.
Violations of the Standards of Professional Responsibility by any CHP
reflect adversely not only on the individual and the AAHP, but on the entire
profession, and may result in regulatory violations, overexposure, injury,
property damage, or even death in extreme cases.  We are by no means
perfect, but at the very least, we should attempt to ensure that safety is
never compromised.

Ron Kathren, CHP
Past-President, AAHP
rkathren@tricity.WSU.edu