Re: Asking for opinions -Reply

Charlie is absolutely correct. Dose is dose .. period. When an
unexpected read occurs, you better have a good, detailed evaluation
as to why the unexpected dose is rejected, and an estimate used in
its place.

In my opinion, when a dosimeter is allowed to stray all over the
place, there is a lack of management control over whatever dose is
reported. I never liked allowing dosimeters to be worn off-site. This
doesn't mean that unexpected doses can not occur within the facility
.. from intentional misuse, walking into an unknown radiation
environment, etc. But, there is less potential for an unexpected dose
when the dosimeter is worn side by side with the electronic
dosimeter, which is not the case when you walk thorough the facility
exit door.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205