RE: Asking for opinions -Reply

Sandy,

No.  The fade correction factor is based on emperical studies for the
(LiF) chip type used.  These studies were done prior to the chips going
into field use.  We conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual quality
assurance evaluations on the dosimeters which include confirming that
the fade correction factor is still correct.  So far, the QA dosimeters
have performed quite nicely.

We recently completed a 14-month emperical study on our (LiF) neutron
dosimeters that provided the basis for extending the maximum wear period
for those dosimeters to one year.

Our correction factor is very close to your 120-day value.

Les Aldrich
l_k_ii_les_aldrich@rl.gov