the wacky messages

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about the recent spate of
"Read/Not read" messages being posted to the list.  All I can ask is for
all of you to check your accounts to ensure that (1) your account is not
set to request notification of receipt automatically and, (2) your
account is not set to send out a response to such a request
automatically.  It is the combination of both actions that is causing
the problem.

While everyone is at it, those of you who are using Microsoft e-mail
clients (e.g., Exchange and Outlook), please ensure that your account
isn't sending out the rather annoying "winmail.dat" file with every
message.

AND, everyone please check your e-mail clients to ensure that you are
sending messages to RADSAFE in plain text (ASCII) only, not HTML.  The
HTML formatted messages are extremely annoying and waste bandwidth.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Melissa Woo
RADSAFE List-owner/manager

--