SNM Calorimetry position at Los Alamos

If anyone out there would like a switch from the day to day grind of being an HP tech, tale a look at the following page;  I can tell you you will have good people to work with, and no one could ask for a better climate or scenery.

http://www.hr.lanl.gov/scripts/jobs/single.asp?ReqNumber=995286

Position summary:

Work as a member of the calorimetry team in the NIS-5 Safeguards Science and Technology group to perform calorimeter fabrication and measurements on radioactive materials in sealed containers. Primary responsibilities will include calorimeter calibration, set up of new systems, data collection, instrument troubleshooting, documentation and analysis of results, and routine maintenance of instrumentation. The successful applicant will need to be able to independently determine priorities, and be able to split work between tasks. This job will involve some domestic and possibly foreign travel on an as-needed basis,  without supervision. Handling of radioactive sources and special nuclear material will be a necessary component of position responsibilities. The incumbent will be required to perform other types of assays as required.

Philip Hypes
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Safeguards Science and Technology Group (NIS 5)
(505) 667-1556  phypes@lanl.gov

Opinions expressed are purely my own unless otherwise noted