Ex UCI lab tech pleads "not guilty" to radioactive assau-Reply

.....The post-doctoral researcher sat on the chair for a total of six
hours before the contamination was found in a routine Geiger counter
sweep of the room, Jensen said.

``She has tested negative at this point as far as any exposure to the
radiation. However, we can't rule out inhalation or ingestion of the
substance,'' Jensen said.......

I'd rather not think about how the inhalation or ingestion allegedly occurred.

......Jensen said the potential exposure is limitless because Zuo went home
to her 2-year-old child and husband after sitting on the chair.........

For a good DA, the best offense is a good hyperbole.
I'm no leagal beagle but simple assault could be a possiblility since, even
though no actual injury occurred, the perception of injury is all that's
needed, I think.  The civil suit will probably invoke "mental anguish" or some
such thing.