Subject: RE: Misuse of Rad Symbol -Reply
Author:  Kim Merritt <merritt9@llnl.gov> at Internet
Date:    9/21/99 10:30 AM

I hate to put my words in Steve's mouth but my perception is that he was
upset not necessarily at the use of the trefoil alone but in the context as
"The end is near", thus furthering the "deadly radiation" idea.  Perhaps a
mushroom cloud would have been a more appropriate symbol.

| | | |__  Physics Safety Support Officer
| | \___/  Lawrence Livermore National Labs
| \___/    merritt9@llnl.gov
\___/      Voice: (925)423-9668   Fax: (925)422-7160
           "When the only tool you have is a hammer,
           every problem begins to resemble a nail."
           -Abraham Maslow