Request for info on X-Ray exposure

I'd be really interested in hearing more about this.  What type of x-ray
system are you evaluating?  A system operating at 60 kV, 3mA must be an
industrial x-ray system.  What type of system?  Let me know how you
determined the "calculated" exposure that you were trying to confirm with
the TLD.  At 170 R/10 sec, we're talking 1020 R/min....Pretty high dose
rate!  I consider serveral things.

1.  Is the x-ray system calibrated.  Are you really getting 60 kV and 3 mA?
2.  If measurements are being made with an ion chamber to base the
calculated total exposure, is the meter giving you bad info due to the high
dose rate?
3.  Be filters pass fairly low energy x-ray photons.  Is the meter used
calibrated to detect/quantify these energy photons?  Many instruments have
considerable over-response to lower energy photons.

				Louie L. Tonry
				LOUIE TONRY, CHP
				MAJOR, MS
				Chief, Radiation Protection Division

Eisenhower Army Medical Center
ATTN: MCHF-LOG-HP (Radiation Protection), Box 264
Ft. Gordon, Georgia 30905-5650

Voice:  					Facsimile:
DSN: 773-4692/6392 			DSN: 773-3427
Commercial: (706) 787-4692/6392	Commercial: (706) 787-3427

Internet: Louie.Tonry@SE.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL