RE: Paducah testimony

http://www.house.gov/commerce/

The testimony regarding Paducah at the above web site is interesting.
However, there is something puzzling.  Panel 1, Witness 3 is Mr. Ronald
B. Fowler.  He identifies himself as a health physicist.

The following is copied directly from his testimony:

			"I am a health physicist. Health physics is the
profession
                 responsible for protecting workers and the public from
                 excessive and unnecessary exposure to radiation. Health
                 physics is supposed to be a rigorous part of every
nuclear
                 facility in this country. Prior to coming to Paducah, I
worked as
                 a health physicist for several commercial nuclear power
plants.
                 I am certified by the National Registry for Radiologic
                 Technologists. I have extensive experience and training
in
                 applied health physics, and I have trained numerous
other
                 health physicists throughout the nuclear industry.
Earlier in my
                 career, I developed a series of health physics and
reactor
                 training videos that have been widely distributed
throughout the
                 industry. I have received numerous awards,
commendations,
                 and promotions in my work. My resume is attached to my
                 written testimony."

What is puzzling to me is that I cannot find a listing for Mr. Ronald B.
Fowler in the NRRPT Section of the HPS Directory and Handbook.  There
are only two Fowlers listed in NRRPT and neither is Ronald B.  The NRRPT
section of the Directory lists all who have been registered at one time
or another and just indicates whether they are currently active or
inactive.

This individual is testifying before Congress regarding alleged
radiation hazards.  I am not making any judgement regarding his
testimony.

However, I do raise the question regarding this individual's
credentials.

Jim Willison, CHP, PE
willisonj@ttnus.com

Just my opinion, not my employers.