Re: PS. Chechenian theft of cobalt 60

> >Seems unlikely that this amount would cause
> >any deaths or be able to "contaminate" large areas much.

Strange: No more comments to this. OTOH - I guess few Radsafers have access
to Itar-Tass. I have not left the idea that someone may have made up a story
and simply wrote "one million" (becquerel) because it looked like "much" and
then our TT journalist didn't get the quantitative aspect either.

The TT people are no good at analytical reading - for instance - the Turkish
radiation accident (total dose - the order of 15 Sv = 1500 rem I think) in
January came out as "Turkish nuclear power accident". After 11 hours they
realized that they were wrong - and just changed the title and then dropped
the topic: Not sensational enough any longer - we saw much more about the
Tricastin accident (one person got approx. 0.34 Sv).

Time to sleep in Stockholm - good night,

Bjorn Cedervall,  bcradsafers@hotmail.com