Re: Radon class demo

I may stand corrected, but heres my explaination...

It is not the radon itself that is posatively charged (it is an inert gas)
but the radon daughter products (Pb Bi Po) that attach to charged particals
in the air.  When you collect a "radon sample", you are not actually
collecting radon as it is inert, but the daughter products that are produced
by radon in the air.

The charged daughter products (or charged particals in the air that they are
attached to, someone else may be able to elaborate) are attracted to TV and
computer monitor screens.  This is why you can usually get a pretty hot swipe
off of a computer screen that has been on for a while.

Jim Blute