Alpha/Beta Testing

Greetings out there in radiation land,

I am field testing a radiation safety training course in October. Currently
this course is a one unit academic program here at San Jose State
University. I am putting it online for the spring semester. I need to obtain
feed back from people on the content (alpha testing) and the learners
perspective (beta testing). I will only be making part of the program
available online for testing. It would take too much of your time to go
through the entire course.

The onsite course is at least 20 hours and is intended for individuals with
NO background handling radioactive materials. The textbook will not be
online (it generates income). The Power Point presentation will be online.
The course has 26 lessons. I am producing the voice over for the Power Point
presentations as I write this message.

I will also be looking for graphics to include in the course. This will
support practical exercises such as performing a surveys.

I would like to get about 10 people for alpha and 10 people for beta
testing. Please send me your email address if you would like to participate
in the testing. Comments and recommendations will be incorporated.

Once the course has been completed, it will available under Continuing
Education as a distance learning course as well as being taught on campus. I
wanted to make this training available to anyone who needs it.

John Pickering
San Jose State University
johnjp@email.sjsu.edu