Re: Solar Particle Event Warning for Pregnant Travelers

"Migliore, Charles W" wrote:

> Another excellent video to see is the one Illinois Power made about the  60
> Minutes segment on Clinton (power station) in the 80's. I was shown this as
> part of GET training in my rent-a-tech travels a few years ago. It shows the
> actual interview in its entirety and the parts played on the air. Its makes
> a very eye-opening, powerful case for why PR and media contact should be
> left to the experts.

Yes indeed.  This tape, where IP had their film crew film over the
shoulders of the "60 minutes" crew, is still available from IP.  I
obtained a copy about 5 years ago to use in a talk.  They asked me
not to copy and redistribute the materials so I won't.  But a simple
call to their media relations department will get anyone interested
a copy of the tape along with transcripts and press releases.

Anyone who is naive enough to believe that they can get their
message out through the mass media really needs to see this one.  IP
caught "60 minutes" at pretty much every trick of journalistic
dishonesty in the book including splicing pieces of two different
sentences together to make someone seem to say quite the opposite of
what he actually said.

--
John De Armond
johngdSPAMNOT@bellsouth.net