Re: Solar Particle Event Warning for Pregnant Travelers

John De Armond said:

> Anyone who is naive enough to believe that they can get their
> message out through the mass media really needs to see this one.  IP
> caught "60 minutes" at pretty much every trick of journalistic
> dishonesty in the book including splicing pieces of two different
> sentences together to make someone seem to say quite the opposite of
> what he actually said.

So true. It should be every company's policy that any media requests
for information or interviews should be handled thorough the
Corporate Communications Department. In my capacity to address
radiation risk and off-site dose consequences with the media and
governmental agencies during emergency exercises or otherwise, while
at FPL, I was required to attend continuing media training classes.
Those classes were an eye opener. It is extremely easy, and quick,
for a technically oriented individual to dig themselves a hole, and
to cover it up with all the dirt, all within a few words. The media
is skilled to pick away to obtain information. Anyone who thinks they
are going to outsmart the media (especially a good reporter) is just
a damn fool.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205