Re: CT Scanner Safety

Brian,

Look up the U.S. Food and Drug Admin, CDRH site at
http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/rdp.html.  FDA reports medical device malfunctions,
etc.

Bob

At 03:58 PM 9/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I don't know whether this question is relevant to this forum. However I am
keen to know about the relative safety of CAT scanners, in particular those
supplied by Phillips Medical Systems, due to a bad experience I had after a
CAT scan of my brain in December 1992.
>What are the fail-safe mechanisms in such scanners?
>What is the maximum radiation dosage that such a scanner could give in a
brain scan?
>Does anyone know of any accidents related to the use of CAT scanners?
>Would an excessive dosage cause sever deterioration of the images?
>
>I would appreciate it if anyone could give any insight to these questions,
or if this is not the appropriate place to ask such questions to point me
in the right direction.

>Thank you
>
>Brian Pollard
>Andover, UK