Re: Health Physics Records Tracking Database

	RADSAFERS,

	I have had a LOT of small pharmaceutical companies ask me the same thing
so PLEASE answer to RADSAFE and I will forward the good (and bad)
recommendations/observations to the companies...

	They want something:
	Cheap, (even BIG companies want the best price (something for practically
nothing)
	Easy to use (probably Window's based)
	Able to track incoming on-hand and outgoing inventories
	Able to track other things - i.e. instrument calibrations, training, etc.,
etc...

	Thanks,

	Joel Baumbaugh (baumbaug@nosc.mil)
	SSC-SD

At 03:11 PM 9/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I am interested in finding out who is using a commercially available
>health physics records tracking database.  I am not interested in
>a "home brew" database as I need a company that stands behind
>its product and provides technical support, especially WAN/LAN
>or Internet interfacing with Novell.
>
>I am currently using the CHAMMP program, but the company who
>supports the software is folding up its tent.  Therefore, I am looking
>into long range options to replace this database.
>
>The type of database I am looking for would track all NRC records
>for a Broad Scope licensee such as training, instrument calibrations,
>incoming packages, researcher protocols, internal license limits, x-ray/ct
>surveys, decay-in-storage waste, sewer disposal waste, inventory,
>user locations and worker demographics, at a minimum.
>I would also like to know if the database is a "MS Windows
>emulator" rather than DOS-based, as I prefer a Windows platform.
>
>I also know all about Canberra's HIS-20 database, so please don't
>provide me with info on this system.  However,  if you're a pharma/
>university/medical group who uses HIS-20, I would be interested
>in hearing about your experiences with it versus the size of
>your HP program.
>
>If you don't want to respond via the listserver, please feel free to
>email me personally.
>
>My thanks in advance to all those who respond.
>
>Regards,
>Vince
>

>Vince Chase, CHP
>Radiation Safety Officer
>chasev@war.wyeth.com
>Wyeth-Ayerst Research
>CN 8000
>Princeton, NJ 08543
>
>tel:  732-274-4478
>fax: 732-274-4592

Joel T. Baumbaugh, MPH, MHP
baumbaug@nosc.mil
Radiation Safety Officer
SSC San Diego, CA

	NOTE:	The contents of this message have not been reviewed, nor approved by
the Federal Government, the U.S. Navy, my bosses or my wife...

	 "If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How
intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your
neck?" [Linda Ellerbee]

	Hey, what can I say, she's right!!!...jb