From: Vincent Chase [mailto:CHASEV@war.wyeth.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 1:14 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Health Physics Records Tracking Database

I am interested in finding out who is using a commercially available
health physics records tracking database.  I am not interested in
a "home brew" database as I need a company that stands behind
its product and provides technical support, especially WAN/LAN
or Internet interfacing with Novell.

I am currently using the CHAMMP program, but the company who
supports the software is folding up its tent.  Therefore, I am looking
into long range options to replace this database.

The type of database I am looking for would track all NRC records
for a Broad Scope licensee such as training, instrument calibrations,
incoming packages, researcher protocols, internal license limits, x-ray/ct
surveys, decay-in-storage waste, sewer disposal waste, inventory,
user locations and worker demographics, at a minimum.
I would also like to know if the database is a "MS Windows
emulator" rather than DOS-based, as I prefer a Windows platform.

I also know all about Canberra's HIS-20 database, so please don't
provide me with info on this system.  However,  if you're a pharma/
university/medical group who uses HIS-20, I would be interested
in hearing about your experiences with it versus the size of
your HP program.

If you don't want to respond via the listserver, please feel free to
email me personally.

My thanks in advance to all those who respond.

Regards,
Vince

Vince Chase, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer