RE: personrem/personSievert

At 06:10 PM 9/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>At the risk of being repetitious: we have used "person-rem" and
>"person-sievert" since 1989.  I checked a few references, and BEIR V uses
>this  also.  We used this terminology in the WIPP compliance certification
>application.  The NRC uses it, I believe (at list we did as NRC
>contractors).  I first heard the term in the late 1980s, so I thought it was
>general usage.   I do find it felicitous, though.
>
>Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
>Sandia National Laboratories
>MS 0718, POB 5800
>Albuquerque, NM 87185-0718
>505-844-4791; fax 505-844-0244
>rfweine@sandia.gov

I am sorry,   to return to this topic. I did a mistake in my last information.

The ICRP define the unit of collective dose as man sievert [page 9 (34)]

So, the two main International Organizations, ICRP and IAEA use man sievert
as unit of collective dose.

J. J. Rozental
josrozen@netmedia.net.il
Israel