Japan accident

We are discussing a possible explosion at the Tokai-works but has anyone
seen a confirming report in the news.  Official press releases from Japan,
as well as IAEA releases, do not mention an explosion.  I think we may be
falling prey to the great amount of mis-information that is flying around
in the first few hours of this accident.  It will likely be a few days
until we know what material out of all these news stories can be confirmed
and what can not.

Mike

Michael C. Baker, Ph.D., P.E.
Environmental Technology Group
Environmental Science & Waste Technology Division
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Mail Stop J594, Los Alamos, NM 87545

mcbaker@lanl.gov

(505) 667-7334 (phone)