Re: 60th criticality accident -Quotes to ponder

In a message dated 10/4/99 12:51:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Andrew_Karam@URMC.Rochester.edu writes:

<<
 We cannot prove that those are in error who tell us that society has
 reached a turning point, that we have seen our best days.  But so said
 all before us, and with just as much apparent reason.  On what principle
 is it that, when we see nothing but improvement behind us, we are to
 expect nothing but deterioration before us?    Lord Thomas B. Macaulay,
 1830 >>
=========
"More than at any time in history, mankind stands at a crossroad. One path
leads to total destruction, the other to despair and utter hopelessness. Let
us hope we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
----Woody Allen,  1987

[NOTE: Date only approximate, quote based on my best recollection, having
read this  quote by Woody Allen at least 10 years ago -may be slightly
paraphrased]

S. Farber