Re: Bio David Lochbaum, UCS

Thanks for this information.  A question I now have is: What does the word
"responsible" mean in his experience record.  I have been responsible for many
things in my technical career, but did not actually do them myself.  Although I
might have obtained some knowledge of the technical aspects of a particular
activity such as 'developing the primary containment isolation devices design
basis document' I probably would not have known much about the details of the
devices described in the document.  For sure I would never have had hands on
experience using, installing or maintaining the devices.  So, I could not claim
any real expertise about those devices.  I might have a lot of experience writing
words about them.  But that only would provide evidence that I could write
(unless, of course, the editor of the document or my supervisor significantly
changed the words).  I would need considerably more details about what he actually
did before I could form an opinion about his expertise in matters having to do
with nuclear power plants.  This is not to say he does not have the expertise to
talk about some things, only that I could not judge from the information available
how much credance I could put in anything he said about those things.  But perhaps
I am just understanding what he means by the word "responsible" as it is used in
his experience summary.  Al Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell.net

GlennACarlson@aol.com wrote:

> The following (reformatted from MSWord document) was sent to me by Mr.
> Lochbaum.
>
> Dave Lochbaum
> Nuclear Safety Engineer
> Union of Concerned Scientists
>
> Experience Summary

begin:          vcard
fn:             Al Tschaeche
n:              Tschaeche;Al
org:            Nuclear Standards Unlimited
email;internet: antatnsu@postoffice.pacbell.net
title:          CEO
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE