Re: Letter to NPR -Reply

I second that.

The ad hominem attacks that I've been seeing, here, seem designed to convince everyone that our case is weak.  Why are we so eager to appear as victims?

As Pogo says, "We have met the enemy and he is us."

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com

"JOHN L. MCCARTHY" wrote:

The amount of scrutiny given to Mr. Lochbaum's qualifications, credibility and
agenda is getting old.  In any debate, I would be cautious and suspicious of a
group or individual that belittles, dismisses or otherwise micturates on the
opinion of others no matter how well intentioned.

The correct posture, in my opinion, is to convince the audience that an
alternative opinion [one based on fact, current scientific data and peer
review] is better and simply makes good sense.  There would be no suggestion or
implying that the other opinion is worse.  This sounds like old fashioned
advertising, I know, but what the heck.  At least it's less antagonistic and
emotional.

Jack McCarthy
mccarjl@gwsmtp.nu.com