Re: Finland Plant Leaks Hydrogen Gas

I think one of the main things that bothers me about this is that it is presented as a planned replacement of the hydrogen cylinders.   This is a normal, planned industrial activity and does not constitute a "leak" or an "escape".  It is usually handled as a planned release and if the material is not covered by emmission regulations or the plant air emmission permit then there is no limitation placed on the release.  This is probably covered as a flammablility or explosion hazard under the operating license of the plant, but tying it in to potential harm or environmental damage is fear mongering at its journalistic "best".

My Thoughts Only.

Zack Clayton
Ohio EPA - DERR
email:  zack.clayton@epa.state.oh.us