Help for Radiation Accidents

Group,
I am rewriting our radiation patient [chemical too] component of the
disaster preparedness plan.  I have IRAP [Interagency Radiological
Assistance Program listed with a phone number of 208-526-1515, I believe
that is in Idaho Falls.  Can anybody verify that number.  The old plan did
not have Radiation Emergency Assistance Center [REAC] for some reason.  I
have talked to REAC and their daytime number is 865-576-3131 effective
November 1.  The 24 hour number is currently 423-482-1000 but it will change
to area code 865 November 1 and they are considering changing the rest of it
too.

Can anybody out there tell me a non emergency number for IRAP or confirm
that what I have is a correct 24 hour number.  Also I am a little confused
over the two places.  Is IRAP still in business?  Is it a team that would
respond, under certain circumstances versus REAC providing advice?

Any opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent those
of the Denver VA Medical Center, The Department of Veterans Affairs, or the
U.S. Government.

Peter G. Vernig
Radiation Safety Officer, VA Medical Center, 1055 Clermont St. Denver, CO
80220, ATTN; RSO MS 115
303-399-8020 ext. 2447, peter.vernig@med.va.gov [alternate
vernig.peter@forum.va.gov] Fax 303-393-5026 [8 - 4:30 MT service] Alternate
Fax 303-377-5686

"You win some, you lose some, and some get rained out." Y. Berra