Re: Accident in Japan: -- Lack of Safety Culture?

More likely "could not occur" was fact, not wishful thinking - under the
original design, not as defeated by buckets, "poor config control".  We
say the same thing about US reactors, based on the design, but what if
the design is defeated? We've defeated designs, and worked to fix config
control problems - better now, but not always successful :-) We have
plans to deal with TMI accidents, but let's not try anything else :-)

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
muckerheide@mediaone.net