Re: Accident in Japan: -- Lack of Safety Culture?

> > We have plans to deal with TMI accidents, but let's not try anything else :-)

My original post started with the word "from" ... and all beyond that
was deleted .. hate that!

With many years involvement in emergency planning and participation
in such exercises, the commercial nuclear power industry does
evaluate all types of potential accidents, and is not geared up only
to prevent the types of incidents and actions that occurred during
TMI. I think in that regard, significant resources are provided, and
that the program is successful, as attested to when precursory
incidents have occurred, requiring implementation of an Emergency
Classification. Perhaps you are referring to other segments of the
industry?

Regards,

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net