Re: High-Temperature Dosemeter

Sandy --

Radiophotoluminescent glass (RPL) may work.   These are also known as
fluoroglass dosimeters.  They can measure down to about 50-100 mrad (blocks
8 x 8 x 4.7 mm) or about 1 rad (rods 1 mm in diameter x 8 mm) have a dose
range of several orders of magnitude.  As they contain Ag, they are quite
photon energy dependent in the region below 100 keV or so.  There can be
annealed with heat, but I think they will easily withstand the temperature
range you describe.

Ron Kathren
rkathren@tricity.WSU.edu