RE: Media Response - Take initiative (or - total apathy)

Although Communication on Nuclear  Safety Issue is important to teacher,
with due respect such topic  is not the theme  of this subject: "Media
Response -- Take initiative"
So, I do believe the discussions, if going ahead,  should be concentrate in
how this can be done.
Let's take a look in the nuclear accident in Japan. The International
Organization IAEA made only two superficial press releases.   What other
organization national or international made any statement?
However,  the press all over the word,  spread hundreads of release. I have
more than 500 pages from the press information. The media today have high
capability to disseminate information. Satellites, cellular networks, laser
photo transmission,  and  laptop computers put the media instantly in touch
with audiences worldwide. Who found news against nuclear energy, by the
press, due the accident?
People have to understand that the media is not anti or against nuclear.
Media is in favor of news. So, if we wish to be in touch with the media, we
must help the media to tell our story.
What we, nuclear association, need to do is to find a bridge to access the
press. The press is open to receive any person that has a new to tell them.
It's wrong to think that media only wants controversy and sensationalism.
 The media wants all the facts, and to sort them out independently. Every
press has today social page, scientific page. these pages are open for
information.
The important link  is to find the individual who is able to communicate.
The individual that can talk intelligently about nuclear issues. This
individual should understand that most journalist are generalist, so the
individual should make the information into understandable language, using
simple and concise examples on nuclear practices.
Any Nuclear Association needs to build the minimum resources, human and
material, if wishes to access the media. Communication of Nuclear Safety
Issue, today needs to be part of all training programme in Health Physics or
other nuclear Specialization. What Training course on Radiation Safety has
Module on Communication of Nuclear Safety Issue?

enough for today.....

josrozen@netmedia.net.il
Israel