Re: japan doses

Yes - Tosh (and others) kindly provided me with information regarding the
doses. I tried to respond to you all (Radsafers) but it seems like my
message yesterday was lost. I opened the links that Tosh sent (see below)
and found the Na-24 Bq values.

One question I had was: Are these values Bq per kilo? The other question was
what the neutron dose conversion factor (1 Bq Na-24 to Gy) was. If I recall
correctly it was the order of microGy per Bq but my Japanese is not too good
so my guesswork may not have been relevant (the order of 3000 Bq Na-24 per
kg translated into the order of 10 Gy - I just want to have a confirmation).
There is an IAEA report ref. in the first 2-3 of Tosh's tables - perhaps
some Radsafer has that available.

Another dose reconstruction may have been made from neutron activated gold
in a mobile phone (info from Bruce B.).

I have two questions - both relating to the accuracy of the dose
reconstructions:
1. The Na-24 for neutron dose (should be pretty good I assume - are there
traps about dose distribution and geometry?),
2. Accuracy of gamma vs. neutron component.

Yours Sincerely & thanks again for the responses,

Bjorn Cedervall    bcradsafers@hotmail.com