Re: Update (10/15): Status of patients from the JCO Criticality

At 01:44 PM 10/16/99 -0500, you wrote:

> Part of the problem is that some of the media people can't wait
>and prefer to speculate - rather than wait for more facts.

I am sorry for the last message, for mistake I send it before to conclude.
What I would like to mention was:

Dear Bjorn,

In case of serious  radiological or nuclear accident, the press is excited
to listen not only Governmental authorities,  but also Green Party,
scientists and politics. The Green Party we know is anti-nuclear, however
scientists are not necessarily anti, many can be against the nuclear
national program,  as well as, politics can be  against the governmental
program as a whole.  They try to take advantages in situation of crisis,
like a nuclear or radiological accident. In democratic country, this creates
an open atmosphere for polemic midia discussion and misunderstandings.
The main difficulty to general public, in this context, specially to those
at the scenario of the accident (critical group),  is to understand the
conflicts of information and to establish the exact  meaning of the
information released.
I affirm, the midia is not anti or against nuclear,  the midia is pro news
or politically in favor or against the government.
I agree with you,  in this case,  the best to Regulatory Authority is to
provide all possible information as soon as possible, even if the
information is not good for competent authority. The importnant  is to
create condition of credibility,  vital to Regulatory Authority. For this
reason  Governmental spokespersons should be well prepared, positive,
consistent and sincere, to communicate the information to be released.
Don't you agree?

Best Regards,

J. J. Rozental
Josrozen@netmedia.net.il