Re: Update (10/15): Status of patients from the JCO Criticality

At 01:44 PM 10/16/99 -0500, you wrote:
>JJ: Thank you for your comments. Guess that I am to impatient - but I get
>your points. Part of the problem is that some of the media people can't wait
>and prefer to speculate - rather than wait for more facts.

Dear Bjorn,

Again I would like to

In case of serious  accident, the press are wonder to listen not only
Government,  but also Green party and if not Green,  Scientists that are
against National Program. This create a atmosphere for polemic discussion.
and  misunderstandings about the  information released.
At this point, the main difficulty to general public, specially to those at
the scenario of the accident (critical group), is to understand the
conflicts and to establish the exact  meaning of the all information.
At this point I agree, the best to Regulatory Authority is to provide
information as soon as possible.
But I can affirm, Green party and those Groups in favour  of nuclear,
however against the Government Program, will use all mean to take advantage
of the conflict. Also to conclude, I affirm, the press is not anti or
against, the press is pro news. For this reason the Government spokesperson
should be the best to communicate the information to be released.

jjrozental