Re: Six nuclear Newsweek pages: THE NEXT CHERNOBYL

At 12:06 PM 10/18/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I frequently write letters to the editor regarding nuclear issues and if
>you keep them short (limit the reporting errors addressed to one or two)
>and pointed they have a better chance of being published.  Be sure to
>provide a phone number that you can be reached at, since a few times I have
>been pleasantly surprised when the reporters have called me to discuss
>their mistakes and what references they had used for the stories.  I felt
>those few reporters would do better in the future and was happy to help.
>
>Mike

>Michael C. Baker, Ph.D., P.E.
>Environmental Technology Group
>Environmental Science & Waste Technology Division
>Los Alamos National Laboratory
>Mail Stop J594, Los Alamos, NM 87545
>
>mcbaker@lanl.gov
>
>(505) 667-7334 (phone)
>(505) 665-8346 (fax)
>(505) 996-3519 (pager)
>________________________

Most of journalists are generalists, forced by circumstances to educate
theyselves as they go along. Many subjects in the nuclear field, are
generally beyond the ability of the average journalist  to understand. We
need also  to understand such  fact. Monitoring the media coverage and to
correct immediately, either by contacting  or by issuing an official
information is the best way. Journalists accept this and they will support you.

J. J. Rozental
josrozen@netmedia.net.il
Israel

jjrozental