Re: Privacy Act - Providing dose of record to other facilities

I seem to be missing something, here.  While the dosimetry processor can
determine TLD readings, the licensee must determine the dose received.  The
licensee is responsible for determining dosimetry placement, assuring that
workers properly use the dosimetry, and correcting TLD readings when
appropriate, based on factors such as correcting for inappropriate placement
or use, substituting secondary dosimetry results if, in the licensees
judgment, the TLD reading is not valid, and adding CEDE when appropriate.

How can the dosimetry processor do this?

Maybe, I'm misinterpreting your question and that the dosimetry processor is
also contracted to maintain dosimetry records for a licensee.  In that case,
however, the licensee must still determine the dose.  It seems to me that a
licensee who rubber stamps a processor's readings without an evaluation
process is not in accordance with 10CFR20.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com