Re: Privacy Act - Providing dose of record to other facilities

In a message dated 10/22/1999 9:10:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sandyfl@earthlink.net writes:

<< The comments below, while pertinent, do not address the initial
 question, that being releasing information from other facilities
 without the signed consent from the individual and the facilities
 where the doses were received. Since "we" are the dose record
 holder in some cases, I require the signed consent. Others don't.
 The question again is, if the actual dose for a specific facility is not
 spelled out, just the annual to date total dose, is the consent form
 required. I say yes. Others say no. I would like to hear from
 regulatory agencies. But I ask that my original question be re-read,
 so the complete intent is understood. >>

I think the regulatory agencies have not answered, because this is not
something that we would get involved in...Whether or not consent is required
to pass on dose information is a legal privacy question.

Barbara L. Hamrick
BLHamrick@aol.com