Re: Privacy Act - Providing dose of record to other facilities

Barbara Hamrick stated the following:

> I think the regulatory agencies have not answered, because this is not
> something that we would get involved in...Whether or not consent is required
> to pass on dose information is a legal privacy question.

Barbara, I agree that this is primarily a Privacy Act issue. However,
the regulations do state that when an individual requires monitoring,
that the facility have a signed statement from the individual
validating the dose information. The individual has the right not to
sign the statement, and therefore, the record is not made available.
In that case, I am asking what the regulator's position would be if a
hospital (let's say a nuclear medicine facility & a radiology
department) has a document from me, or another commercial
processor, stating the individuals working in each department, and
cumulative dose for each worker, that derives from several other
facilities. What would their statement be at that time?